MeraNews Network, Rajkot: Gondal in Rajkot has by now seen a series of fires in a week’s time. On Monday, a warehouse used to store groundnut produce in Jamwadi GIDC caught fire due to short-circuit in the electricity box. The warehouse is owned by Raghuvir Industries.

Fire tenders were rushed to the spot, which brought the blaze under control quickly. This is the third instance of fire from Gondal in a week’s time. The first instance was when heaps of dried chillies had caught fire at the local market yard, which caused heavy damage to the stock. Another instance was when a fuel tanker caught fire near LDO pump, and the pump was reduced to ashes. The fire on Monday was the third.

The owner of the factory informed that no loss of life happened in the fire. The local police have filed a case of accidental fire in this regards.

Click here to read this in Gujarati.